Surgical Assistant certificate renewals are due by August 31, 2023. Failure to renew your certificate by the deadline will result in your certificate being placed inactive.
The fee to renew your certificate is $25.00 if completed by August 31, 2023. If you do not complete your online renewal by September 30, 2023, you will have the opportunity to complete a late renewal by paper application and pay $37.50 before November 30, 2023.
Instructions For Online Renewal
Before you log on and begin your renewal application, please review the following information. If you are using an Apple product, the renewal application does not function properly with the Safari browser. Please use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password once you click on the link below. Your username is your Kentucky certificate number and your password is the last four digits of your social security number. Do not create a new user account at the login screen. If you create a new account, there is no option to renew your certificate, only an option to apply for a new certification.
- You will see a welcome screen. Click on Click Here to Renew Your License next to the License Renewal Information section.
- To begin processing your information, click on Click Here to Renew.
- The application will require you enter a mailing and practice address. If you do not have a practice address, please enter "No address available" on the street line, "No city available" for the city, enter "Kentucky" as the state and any Kentucky zip code. These fields are mandatory and you will not be able to bypass them.
- Once your information has been completed, you will be prompted to pay using a credit card or ACH debit.
- You will have the opportunity to print a receipt upon completion of payment and a receipt will be emailed to you.
- Click here to begin your online renewal application.
2023 Paper Application
The paper application should only be completed if you are required to answer "yes" to a qualifying question on the application. The online renewal application will prompt you to print the paper application when answering "yes" and you will not be permitted to continue online. Upon completion of the paper application, please mail to the address below with the required renewal fee, application and supporting documentation. If you have questions concerning this information, please contact Dawn Beahl at (502) 429-7938 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure
310 Whittington Parkway, Suite 1B
Louisville, KY 40222