If you have questions pertaining to information on this page, contact Dawn Beahl (502) 429-7938 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application For Genetic Counselor Licensure
To apply for Genetic Counselor licensure, review all of the following items prior to clicking on the Application link below.
To determine eligibility for a Genetic Counselor license review these requirements.
- Once you click on the application link, you will be required to create a login profile by choosing "Create an Account." on the top of page.
- After you have created a login profile, you have initialized your application process which consists of demographic information only.
- Upon completion of the login profile, you will be prompted to "Click Here To Apply For License."
- After completing the online application, you will be prompted for a $150.00 non-refundable application fee. Payment may be made by credit card or ACH debit.
- Once the payment is complete, you will be directed to a link for application addendums. These addendums are required for your application to be considered complete.
- *Click Here to Begin Application Process
Initial Application Fee $150
Renewal Fee $150
Reinstatement Fee $10
Kentucky Genetic Counselors Advisory Committee
Aneeta Bhatia, M.D., Louisville
Jaime Grund, Hebron
Kelly Jackson, Louisville
Elizabeth Hays, Lexington
Kathryn Platky Warren, Louisville
Joseph J. Hersh, M.D., Louisville
Leslie Teague, Greensburg
Statues and Regulations
Kentucky Revised Statutes - Chapter 311
KRS 311.690 Definitions for KRS 311.690 to 311.700
KRS 311.691 Prohibition against practicing genetic counseling without valid license
KRS 311.693 Nonapplicability of KRS 311.690 to 311.700 to specified circumstances
KRS 311.695 Who may be licensed as genetic counselor - Temporary license
KRS 311.697 Expiration, renewal, and reinstatement of license
KRS 311.699 Powers of board regarding genetic counselors - Administrative regulations - Kentucky Genetic Counselors Advisory Committee Duties
KRS 311.700 Disciplinary actions regarding licenses
KRS 311.705 Genetic testing -- Guidelines for collection and use of genetic data.
Kentucky Administrative Regulations - KAR's
201 KAR 9:480. Fee schedule regarding genetic counselors