State regulation requires all physicians currently practicing in the state to renew their license by March 1, 2020 and pay the required registration fee of $150.00 in order to keep their license active. Renewals paid after March 1, 2020 but prior to the April 1, 2020 deadline, may be completed by paying an additional $50.00 penalty fee. Failure to renew a license by the April 1, 2020 deadline will cause a license to automatically become inactive and subsequent practice in Kentucky will be considered the unauthorized practice of medicine.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Before beginning the renewal process, please read and print the attached information pertaining to registration of KASPER accounts and KASPER compliance. After January 31, 2020, the Board will conduct a formal audit in order to determine compliance with this requirement. Noncompliance after January 31, 2020, may result in emergency suspension or restriction against a medical license.
Step by Step Instructions For Online Renewal
To begin your renewal, please read all the instructions below and then click on the online renewal application link below.
- This application works best with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and the Firefox browser. There are some compatibility issues with Apple and the Safari browser. If you log on and see a blank screen, please use a different browser.
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password once you click on the link below.
- Your username is your Kentucky license number and your password is the last four digits of your social security number. Do not create a new profile at the login screen. Log in using your KY license number and last four digits of your social security number.
- You will see a welcome screen. Click on click here to renew your license next to the license renewal information section.
- To begin processing your information, click on the link click here to renew your license.
- Once your information has been completed, you will be prompted to pay using either a credit card or ACH debit. Important: The payment screen is a pop up window. Please make certain your browser allows popup windows.
- You will have the opportunity to print a temporary wallet card and payment receipt upon completion of payment.
- To print your temporary wallet card, please choose the Finish Transaction With KBML option upon the completion of payment. The screen will show your receipt as well as the wallet card. A receipt will also be emailed to the email address you list on the payment screen.
- Please make certain you have reviewed and printed the Important Information at the top of this webpage. Click here to begin your online renewal application.
IMPORTANT: Please make certain you have read the instructions above before proceeding with your renewal. Log in using your Kentucky license number as your username and the last four digits of your social security number as your password.
2020 Paper Application
The paper renewal application is available to be printed and mailed to the Board. Should you choose to renew your license by paper, there will be an additional charge of $10.00.
2020 Paper Application
Important Information for Paper Applications
It is imperative that you provide ample time for the Board to review an application that requires an affirmative answer. Please do not wait until the license deadline to submit your application as it can delay the renewal of your medical license.
- If you are being treated by a physician for a mental or physical condition, your treating physician must provide a letter attesting to your ability to practice medicine.
- Malpractice disclosure must be accompanied by legal documentation, example: Settlement Agreement, Jury Trial information, etc.
- Driving Under The Influence disclosure must be presented with all legal documentation.
- If a licensing Board has taken action against your medical license, you must attach the Board Order to your license application.