The fee to renew your license is $50.00 by June 30, 2018. After June 30, 2018, your license will be placed inactive for non-payment of your renewal.
CME Requirement for Renewal
Athletic Trainer regulation requires the HIV/AIDS course to be completed only once – either at the point of initial licensure, or within the first full renewal cycle upon licensure. Fax or email the certificate to (502) 429-7158 or email@example.com
Instructions for Renewal
To begin your renewal, please read the instructions below and then click on the 2018 Application Renewal link. All parts of your renewal may be completed online with the exception of the submission of the HIV/AIDS education course certification.
If you are using an Apple product, the renewal application does not function properly with the Safari browser. Please use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox.
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password on the left side of the page once you click on the link below.
- Your username is your KY license number (ATXXXX) and your password is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. Do not create a new profile at the login screen. Login using your KY license number and the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- You will see a welcome screen. Click on Click Here to Renew Your License next to the License Renewal Information section.
- To begin processing your information, click on Click Here to Renew.
- The application will require you to enter a mailing and practice address. If you do not have a practice address, please enter “No street available” on the street line; “No city available” on the city line; enter “Kentucky” for the state and enter a Kentucky zip code. THESE FIELDS ARE MANDATORY AND MAY NOT BE LEFT BLANK.
- Once your information has been completed, you will be prompted to pay using a credit card or ACH debit. The payment screen is a pop-up window – Please make certain your browser allows pop-up windows. Do not hit the back key when on the payment screen, as that action could cause your card to be charged twice.
- You will have the opportunity to print a receipt upon completion of payment. A receipt will also be emailed to the email address you list on the payment screen.
- Click here to begin your online application.
2018 Paper Application
The paper application should only be completed if you are required to answer “Yes” to a qualifying question. If answering “yes,” you will not be permitted to continue online. The online renewal system will prompt you to print a paper application. Upon completion of the paper application, please mail to the address below with the required renewal fee and any required CME certificate(s).Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure
c/o Teresa Kleinhenz
310 Whittington Parkway, Ste. 1B
Louisville, KY 40222
2018 Athletic Trainer Paper Application