The fee to renew your license is $65.00 and renewal is due by June 30, 2017. Licenses not renewed by June 30, 2017 will be placed inactive for non-payment.
To begin your renewal, please read the instructions and click on the application link below. You will be prompted to enter a username and password on the left side of the page once you click on the link.
Important Note: This application works best with the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. There are compatibility issues with the Safari browser.
- Your username is your KY license number and your password is the last four digits of your social security number. Do not create a new profile at the login screen. By creating a new profile, the system will only allow you to apply for a new license. Log in using your license number and the last four digits of your social security number.
- You will see a display welcoming you. Click on Click Here to Renew Your License next to the License Renewal Information section.
- To begin processing your information, click on Click Here to Renew License.
- You will be prompted to pay using either a credit card or ACH debit. The payment screen is a pop up window. Please make certain your browser allows for pop-ups.
- You will have the opportunity to print a receipt upon completion of payment. A receipt will also be emailed to the email address you list on the payment screen. Upon completion of payment, make certain to choose Finish Transaction with KBML.
- Click here to begin your renewal.
The paper application should only be printed if you are required to answer “yes” to a qualifying question. If answering “yes”, you will be not permitted to continue your online renewal. The online application will prompt you to print a paper application. Upon completion of the paper application, please mail to the address below with the renewal fee and required explanation(s). Please note that any application submitted with an explanation must be reviewed in office and will take longer to process, therefore, submit as soon as possible. If the application pertains to legal issues, court documentation may be required. If the application pertains to treatment for any condition, a letter from your treating physician will be required with the application. Please contact Sandy Brooks with any questions (502) 429-7936.Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure
310 Whittington Parkway, Suite 1B
Louisville, KY 40222
Faculty Application Renewal Form
Residency/Institutional Practice Application Renewal Form